Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The new year is coming, my resolution....to be a better blogger.

Well, let's see....the last time I blogged was before Lilly arrived so a lot has changed and life is still great!!

First off, Lilly is here...she is 6 months old now. She is weighing in at 19.5 lbs and is 28 inches. She is still off the charts for her age, but her rate of growth is slowing down so who knows what her stats will be at her next pediatrician appt. at 9 months. She is currently finishing up a 24/7 for 6 weeks stint of wearing a Pavlik Harness to correct her 30% hip abduction. We have become regulars at the Orthopedic Clinic at Children's Mercy Hospital, but hopefully will only have 3 more appointments there, if all x-rays and ultrasounds look good. Lilly has rolled over and is sitting up with very little assistance but some milestones have been put on hold due to limited mobility in the harness. Lilly loves solids!! She enjoys oatmeal, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. We have introduced all vegetables but are just starting fruits!!

Next, I am staying home this year instead of having a classroom, but still teaching! I watch two little guys during the day and it is a blessing to stay home with Lilly....I don't know when I will return to the school setting but for now, this is keeping me and the family happy and healthy!

Larry is in his third year of teaching and I know it is hard for him to go to work everyday and leave us at home but luckily he teaches high school and gets out earlier than if he taught elementary. He is teaching Intermediate College Algebra for the first time this year and he loves teaching the higher level math!! He is considering going back to school but wants to wait until Lilly is a bit older.

I directed the church children's Christmas Program for the first time this year. We did the program "Angels Aware" which I was apart of when I was 12. It was nice to be familiar with the show and know what I wanted costumes to look like and the stage. It went really well and the congregations received the ministry very well!!

I know there is so much I have left out and you probably are tired of reading this so let me end in this, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

You can expect a blog from us after Christmas, complete with pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment